The Marcy-Holmes Neighborhood Association (MHNA) is seeking an Organics Recycling Education Coordinator to promote sustainability and environmental stewardship throughout the neighborhood with an initiative designed to promote organics recycling.
This is a temporary part-time hourly position (up to 10 hours per week), lasting from mid-April to early fall. This position is generously funded by Hennepin County’s Green Partners.
The Organics Recycling Education Coordinator will work under the supervision of the MHNA Executive Director.
Organization: Marcy-Holmes Neighborhood Association
Title: Organics Recycling Education Coordinator
Type: Temporary, Part-Time – approx 5-10 hours per week, 25 weeks (must end 9/30/2023)
Wage: $22 per hour
Reports to: MHNA Executive Director
Position Duties & Responsibilities
Outreach & Engagement (70%)
- Working with MHNA Executive Director, develop creative methods to engage Marcy-Holmes’s residents, property owners and business owners to discuss the value of organics recycling.
- With the U of M’s Office of Off-Campus Living, conduct community workshop to educate students about organics recycling best practices.
- Increase the number of individuals using organics recycling drop-off sites.
- Assist with marketing and advertising events and activities, attend tabling opportunities as they arise.
Supply Procurement & Distribution (25%)
- Source various recycling supplies and distribute to those who submit requests.
- Operations and logistics management for events and meetings centered on organics.
Administrative Tasks (5%)
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by MHNA Executive Director
- 1+ year of paid/volunteer experience with environmental project management
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Able to work evenings and occasional weekends
- Access to transportation (meetings, procuring supplies, and other materials)
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds (rarely needed), able to walk for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of the Marcy-Holmes neighborhood (including Dinkytown)
Marcy-Holmes offers paid vacation and sick leave, as well as a flexible work environment. Health insurance is not provided.
How to Apply
Applications should include cover letter, resume, and three references emailed to MHNA Executive Director, Chris Lautenschlager, at [email protected]. This position is open until filled.
MHNA is an equal opportunity employer. MHNA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on basis of race, disability, color, creed, ancestry, sex, national origin, affectional preference or sexual orientation, citizenship, age, veteran status, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.