The MHNA board needs your voice! The greater diversity of people involved in the MHNA board, the more our neighborhood thrives and remains a wonderful place to live, work, learn, play and grow—for everyone: renters, homeowners, students, and elders.
We also need diverse perspectives. So, if you have at least an interest in any of these issues (or others) and want to be a part of something big, please consider running.
Here are 8 great reasons to run for the MHNA board:
- You want to stay on top of what’s happening in the neighborhood.
- You want to contribute your voice to ensure our neighborhood is a diverse and vibrant community.
- You want to meet your neighbors, city officials, developers and local business owners.
- You want to flex your leadership muscles—or learn how to.
- You want to learn about community engagement, neighborhood organizations or nonprofit boards.
- You want to give back in an easy, meaningful way.
- Rather than complaining, you want to be a part of finding solutions.
- You love our neighborhood—and want others to love it too!
What does board membership involve? We’re happy to have a chat with you and share what we know.
Take a look at our Board Position Description.
Contact MHNA with any questions: [email protected]
SPECIAL NOTE: UNIVERSITY NEIGHBORHOOD MEMBERSHIP
Residents, business owners, and property owners (landlords), and non-profit representatives within the University Neighborhood can qualify for Membership, and subsequently, the opportunity to run for the board. A map of the University Neighborhood can be seen here:
To view a higher resolution version of this University Neighborhood map, please click HERE
To view a map of the Marcy-Holmes neighborhood, please click HERE