Individuals are welcome to submit comments for a public hearing on approval of the concept plan for improvement at Marcy Park. The hearing will take place on Wednesday, March 3 at 6:30pm, during the scheduled meeting of the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB).
The improvements at Marcy Park include new paths, a new fenced off-leash dog park with a stormwater infiltration area, a half-court basketball court, a new electrical service, and several alternate items like picnic tables and benches. The hearing is the culmination of 11 months of planning; construction is planned for this year and 2022.
Scroll down for information on submitting comments; virtual Board meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic; and Marcy Park improvements project.
How to submit public hearing comments
To minimize the risk of exposure to or potential spread of COVID-19, MPRB has added options for comments to be submitted for its virtual public meetings and hearings, authorized under Minn. Stat. Section 13D.02.
There are two options to submit Public Hearing comments:
1. Call in by phone (recommended)
• To sign up, complete this form before 12 noon on the day of the meeting.
• Speakers will receive a conference call-in number and ID one hour before the meeting
• Use the number and ID to call into the meeting at its the scheduled time
• After you enter the meeting, the committee chair will provide guidance for commenting
• Speakers can watch the live meeting broadcast
• Be aware there is a 20- to 30-second lag between the call and the broadcast
• When you are called on to speak, please remember turn off the sound from the broadcast
Send your comment to [email protected] by noon on the day of the board meeting
Design and Project Management Division, Planning Department
Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
612.230.6463 / [email protected]