The University will hold a public safety forum on Thursday, March 2 from 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. in the Cowles Auditorium and streamed online. University and City of Minneapolis officials will share updates on their efforts to address safety on and around campus and take questions from the community. Parking is located nearby in the 19th Avenue Ramp. Digital handouts: Panelist biographies and SSAC update. The panel will include:
- President Joan Gabel
- Matt Clark, University of Minnesota Police Chief
- Brian O'Hara, Minneapolis Police Chief
- Sean McGinty, Inspector, Minneapolis Police Department
- David Hanson, Metro Transit
- Michael Rainville, Minneapolis City Council member Ward 3
- Robin Wonsley, Minneapolis City Council member Ward 2
Digital handouts: Panelist biographies, SSAC update.
- View the Campus and Neighborhood Safety FAQs page which includes information about safety forums, UMPD, SAFE-U, the Clery Act, Dinkytown and other near-campus neighborhoods, transportation safety, and how to learn more.