Special Meeting: Land Use & Development Committee
Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 6:30 pm
To receive login information for this meeting, you must RSVP to www.marcy-holmes.org/events.
6:30 - 6:35 Welcome / Introductions
6:35 - 8:00 Presentation / Discussion
Information provided by the developer:
The project site is made up of the following properties, 416 Avenue SE, 1412 and 1428 5th Street SE, 1413 and 1417 4th Street SE, and 407 15th Avenue SE. Clark Street Holdings, LLC is the Applicant and BKV Group Architecture is the Applicant’s Representative for submission of the applications. Our contact information is below.
The 7-story building will contain 305 apartments with 834 bedrooms. There will be approximately 28,000 SF of retail space. There will be 278 car parking spaces in the enclosed garage areas, including 20 spaces that will be available as district parking to serve the Dinkytown commercial area, and at least 715 bike spaces.
Based on staff’s preliminary review, the following land use applications have been identified and are being submitted at this time:
- Rezone to C3A from C1 & C2 to create continuous zoning (all the parcels require rezoning)
- Conditional Use Permit for a Planned Unit Development, with alternatives requiring 25 points for:
- Building Placement in the PO District
- Loading from 3 small or 2 small and 1 large to 2 small
- Parking from 292 spaces to 278 spaces
- FAR variance from 4.32 to 4.52
- Non-Conforming Use Alteration – Return of McDonalds Restaurant to the new development
- Site plan review
- Preliminary plat
Committee of the Whole presentation from June 18, 2020 (materials may be updated for the meeting on July 15)
Developers Checklist for this Project
Please contact Chris Lautenschlager, MHNA Executive Director, with any questions or concerns: [email protected] or 612.623.7633