NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
Paul Ragozzino with Cuningham Group Architecture, Inc., on behalf of UP CAMPUS HOLDINGS, LLC, has submitted the following land use applications for the property located at 800 and 808 14th Ave SE and 1415 8th St SE:
- Rezoning of 800 14th Ave SE and 808 14th Ave SE from the I1 Light Industrial District to the OR3 Institutional Office Residence District.
- Rezoning of 1415 8th St SE from the R5 Multiple-family District to the OR3 Institutional Office Residence District.
- Conditional use permit to increase the height of the building.
- Variance to increase the maximum Floor Area Ratio (FAR) of the building.
- Variance to reduce the minimum front yard setback along 14th Ave SE.
- Variance to reduce the minimum front yard setback along 15th Ave SE.
- Variance to reduce the minimum corner side yard setback along 8th St SE.
- Variance to reduce the minimum north interior side yard.
- Variance to increase the maximum lot coverage percentage.
- Variance to increase the maximum impervious surface percentage.
- Variance to reduce the minimum off-street parking requirement.
- Variance to increase the height of a fence in the required front yard.
- Site plan review for a new 12-story, mixed use building including 274 dwelling units and approximately 2,200 square feet of commercial space.
The City Planning Commission will meet on Monday, July 20, 2020, at 4:30 p.m. During the declared local public health emergency, Minneapolis has transitioned to an electronic format for its public meetings and hearings, authorized under Minn. Stat. Section 13D.021, to minimize the risk of exposure to or potential spread of COVID-19. The public may view the public hearing using the following options: Watch on Comcast Channel 14 or 799, CenturyLink Channel 8001 or 8501, or live on www.minneapolismn.gov/tv/citycounciltv.
In accordance with the Zoning Code, all property owners within 350 feet of the subject property are notified of this public hearing. The public may submit comments or participate by phone in the meeting by using the following website: www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/index.htm.
If you have questions about the project, please contact the City staff person listed below. If you would like to submit comments, you may submit them via the link above or by emailing:
Hilary Dvorak, Principal City Planner - 250 S 4th St Room 300, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone (612) 673-2639 E-mail: Hilary.Dvorak@minneapolismn.gov.
Planning Department staff will issue a recommendation to the Planning Commission. After hearing from the public, the Planning Commission will make a determination based on required legal findings of fact. Please visit www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/planning for the agenda with staff reports (web page will be updated by the end of the day Wednesday prior to the meeting date).
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact 612-673-3710. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.