NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
Chris Palkowitsch, of BKV Group, has submitted the following applications to allow a new mixed-use building with 308 dwelling units and approximately 27,000 square feet of commercial space at 407 15th Ave SE, 1412 and 1428 5th St SE, 1413 and 1417 4th St SE, and 416 14th Ave SE:
• Rezoning the properties at 407 15th Ave SE, 1428 5th St SE, 1413 4th St SE, 1417 4th St SE, and 416 14th Ave SE from the C1 Neighborhood Commercial District to the C3A Community Activity Center District.
• Rezoning the property at 1412 5th St SE from the C2 Neighborhood Commercial District to the C3A Community Activity Center District.
• Conditional use permit to establish a planned unit development.
• Alteration of a nonconforming use to allow a fast food restaurant to reestablish in the new building.
• Variance to increase the maximum floor area ratio.
• Site plan review.
• Preliminary and final plat.
The City Planning Commission will meet on Tuesday, September 8, 2020, at 4:30 p.m. During the declared local public health emergency, Minneapolis has transitioned to an electronic format for its public meetings and hearings, authorized under Minn. Stat. Section 13D.021, to minimize the risk of exposure to or potential spread of COVID-19. The public may view the public hearing using the following options: Watch on Comcast Channel 14 or 799, CenturyLink Channel 8001 or 8501, or live on www.minneapolismn.gov/tv/citycounciltv.
In accordance with the Zoning Code, all property owners within 350 feet of the subject property are notified of this public hearing. The public may submit comments or participate by phone in the meeting by using the following website: www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/index.htm.
If you have questions about the project, please contact the City staff person listed below. If you would like to submit comments, you may submit them via the link above or by emailing:
Lindsey Silas, Senior City Planner - 250 S 4th St Room 300, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone (612) 673-2653 E-mail: [email protected].
Planning Department staff will issue a recommendation to the Planning Commission. After hearing from the public, the Planning Commission will make a determination based on required legal findings of fact. Please visit www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/planning for the agenda with staff reports (web page will be updated by the end of the day Wednesday prior to the meeting date).
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact 612-673-3710. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.