Event contactPeter Crandall
Notice of a Public Hearing 621-625 10th Avenue SE
Thursday, September 9, 2021, 4:30 pm
621 and 625 10th Ave SE, Ward 3
City Staff: Peter Crandall, PLAN13085
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the City Planning Commission adopt staff findings for the application by Chad Kraft.
Recommended Motion: Approve the variance to reduce the minimum front yard setback along 10th Ave SE from 20 feet to 16 feet.
Recommended Motion: Approve the variance to reduce the minimum front yard setback along 7th St SE from 33 feet 3 inches to 17 feet 2 inches.
C. Site Plan Review.
Recommended Motion: Approve the site plan review for a new 2.5 story residential building with 6 dwelling units, subject to the following conditions:
- All site improvements shall be completed by September 6, 2023, unless extended by the Zoning Administrator, or the permit may be revoked for non-compliance.
- CPED staff shall review and approve the final site, elevation, landscaping, and lighting plans before building permits may be issued.
- The applicant shall submit the tax parcel division, combination, or lot line adjustment request form to CPED and submit proof of the filing with Hennepin County.
- The applicant shall revise the proposed elevations to include no more than 70% fiber cement and no more than 30% wood composite lap siding and shall otherwise meet the current standards for exterior materials.
- The applicant shall implement screening that is at least six feet in height and 95% opaque along the west property line to screen the proposed surface parking lot.
- The applicant shall screen the proposed refuse containers to meet the standards of chapter 535.
- The applicant shall screen any on site mechanical equipment to meet the standards of chapter 535.
- The applicant shall provide a final lighting plan the meets the standards of chapters 535 and 541.
- The applicant shall provide at least 36 onsite bicycle parking spaces, of which 90% must meet the standards for long term bicycle parking, in compliance with the minimum requirements of chapter 541.