NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING
Michael Stoddard of DJR Architecture, on behalf of North Bay Companies, has filed the following land use applications for the property at 410 13th Ave SE; 1309 4th St SE; 1315 4th St SE:
• Rezoning from the C1 Neighborhood Commercial district to C3A Community Activity Center district, retaining the PO, Pedestrian Oriented Overlay district.
• Variance to the standards for the Pedestrian Oriented Overlay District.
• Variance to reduce the minimum parking requirement.
• Variance to the maximum number of compact vehicle parking spaces.
• Site plan review for a new seven-story mixed use building with 81 dwelling units and approximately 3,000 square feet of commercial space.
The City Planning Commission will meet on Monday, February 8, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. During the declared local public health emergency, Minneapolis has transitioned to an electronic format for its public meetings and hearings, authorized under Minn. Stat. Section 13D.021, to minimize the risk of exposure to or potential spread of COVID-19. The public may view the public hearing using the following options: Watch on Comcast Channel 14 or 799, CenturyLink Channel 8001 or 8501, or live on www.minneapolismn.gov/tv/citycounciltv.
In accordance with the Zoning Code, all property owners within 350 feet of the subject property are notified of this public hearing. The public may submit comments or participate by phone in the meeting by using the following website: www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/index.htm.
If you have questions about the project, please contact the City staff person listed below. If you would like to submit comments, you may submit them via the link above or by emailing:
Peter Crandall, Senior City Planner – 505 4th Ave S #320, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone (612) 673-2247 E-mail: [email protected].
Planning Department staff will issue a recommendation to the Planning Commission. After hearing from the public, the Planning Commission will make a determination based on required legal findings of fact. Please visit www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/planning for the agenda with staff reports (web page will be updated by the end of the day Wednesday prior to the meeting date).
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact 612-673-3710. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.