For restaurants, bars, fitness centers, event and entertainment venues
Starting Monday, November 23, business can apply for new grant funding to mitigate the economic impacts of COVID-19.
• Businesses that have not received Hennepin County Small Business Relief funds can apply for grants up to $15,000.
• Businesses that have received Hennepin County Small Business Relief funds can apply for additional grant funds up to $10,000.
• Application opens on hennepin.us Monday, November 23
• Apply by Tuesday, December 1, at noon
• Restaurants/food service establishments
• Bars/drinking places
• Fitness centers/gyms
• Event/entertainment venues
Special note for Minneapolis bar and restaurant owners: this grant application requires that you have a copy of your restaurant and/or liquor license. If you do not have a copy of your license readily available, you can:
• Look up a liquor license report on your own through the State of Minnesota Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement site. OR
• Contact your Business License Inspector or email [email protected]. Please make your request no later than noon on Monday, November 30 to ensure adequate time for a response.
License certificate from the City of Minneapolis may show a status of “delinquent” due to the suspension of liquor license renewal fees. Provided that you submitted your renewal paperwork and are in good standing with the state, this will not disqualify you.
Prevent the spread of COVID-19
The best available guidance:
• Wear a mask when around others
• Put distance (at least 6 feet) between yourself and other people when in public.
• Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
• Cover your cough and sneeze. Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm
• Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
• Stay home when you're sick
• Find the City's list of Frequently Asked Questions for businesses
• Information for food businesses is on the City's Food, Lodging and Pools web page
• Learn more about Sick and Safe Time. Sick and safe time is a law in Minneapolis protecting time off work.
• Sign up for the Minneapolis COVID-19 newsletter (From the Alert/Reminders drop down list, select Coronavirus News and Updates). The newsletter will keep you informed on the coronavirus impacts on Minneapolis and will share information on important resources.