Neighborhoods 2020 next steps and timeline
During the public comment period on the Neighborhoods 2020 draft program guidelines from February 28 to September 30, the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department (NCR) received 244 public comments. These comments are currently being reviewed by staff to create a summary, which will be included alongside the original public comments in the next steps and will be available on the Neighborhoods 2020 webpage prior to City Council action.
- October 5-12: Staff and review committee review public comments
- October 22: Public Health and Safety Committee makes notice of intent for public hearing
- November 5: Public Health and Safety Committee public hearing and presentation
- November 13: Full City Council vote
- November 16: Budget Committee presentation to discuss the program allocations
By voting on the program guidelines before the budget, the City Council can discuss the funding needed to implement the program as designed.
Over the next few weeks NCR will send out more information as it becomes available.
Find City Council meeting calendars, agendas and decisions on the City of Minneapolis’ Legislative Information Management System (LIMS).
If you have any questions, you can contact your neighborhood specialist or Neighborhoods 2020 project lead, Steven Gallagher. Read more about Neighborhoods 2020 here.