The 2nd Precinct and its community partners would like to invite you to walk with us and show your community spirit. The walk is open to ALL (pets are welcomed).
We will be talking to people, handing out safety information, handing out information about the neighborhood associations and ways that residents can be involved, we will make 311 calls, if appropriate and we will report suspicious activity to 911.
The 2nd Precinct will be conducting weekly safety walks to:
- Increase community engagement with the 2nd Precinct and the neighborhood associations
- Have a positive interaction with disfranchised communities
- Display a positive presence which reduces the opportunity for crime to occur
- Increase knowledge on crime prevention best practices
- Get the opportunity to take inventory of the neighborhood
- Recruit Block Club Leaders
- Promote the active reporting of suspicious activity/persons
Marcy Holmes – Weds 10/30, 5 – 8 pm – Meet @ 8th St Market (630 8th St SE)
You do not have to walk the entire time, walk however much you want. The 2nd Precinct would enjoy strong community involvement. We will pick up the Safety Walks again in late March 2020 /April 2020. Please bring a flash light and any other walking gear. If you have any questions please contact Crime Prevention Specialist Nicholas Juarez at the 2nd Precinct
Nick Juarez, Crime Prevention Specialist
Minneapolis Police Department, 2nd Precinct