From the Minneapolis Police Department
To All Block Leaders and past NNO registrants: Please read this update carefully!
The MPD will be postponing participation in National Night Out until Tuesday, September 15 2020.
* IF you have already registered for a block permit event, your permit will be honored for September 15.
* IF you would like to still have your event on August 4th, you may also do so with the permit.
* You may also host your event on a date other than August 4 or September 15--we just need to know for planning purposes--wait for an email later this week to reply, we would like to know by July 10.
* Note that Nickelodeon Universe is still closed. It may open prior to September 15. If so, we will try to get Mystery Tickets and if we can get them, they will be delivered separately from your permit and registration mailer.
* We encourage blocks to host National Night out, urging that everyone follow the CDC guidelines for gatherings. We recognize this will be a challenge and many fun activities from past events might be moot, but we hope that NNO can continue to be one of the best opportunities to keep your immediate neighbors connected!
I will be sending a separate email to all who have registered through last week which will answer more questions you might have, and it will include a request for verifying which date you'd like to host your event, PLUS a request to indicate whether or note you'd like our staff to visit your event.
If your block has NOT already registered, we will be sending out one more reminder to auto-renew (if you yourself have registered in the past) or use the online form (if you have never registered for your block before).
Please do not reply to this email, another note with more details will be sent later this week! If you have questions after that, by all means, email back with any/all!!
Luther Krueger, Crime Prevention Analyst & National Night Out Coordinator
Minneapolis Police Department, 2nd Precinct
1911 Central Av. N.E.
Minneapolis MN 55418