You can get sand for your sidewalk at these locations
• 6036 Harriet Ave. S. (on W. 60th St. between Lyndale and Harriet)
• 1809 Washington St. NE (at 18th and Jefferson)
• E. 27th St. (just east of Longfellow Ave. near the Public Works gate)
• 2710 Pacific St. (outside the main Public Works gate between 27th and 28th Aves. N.)
Locations are open 24 hours a day.
- Free sand is for Minneapolis residents only
- You're limited to one five-gallon bucket
Salt to sand ratio
We add salt to the sand to prevent freezing. The ratio is up to 25% salt and 75% or more sand.
You must bring your own pail and shovel.