Now Hiring: Seasonal Environmental Programs Coordinator
The Marcy-Holmes Neighborhood Association (MHNA) is seeking a motivated Environmental Programs Coordinator to promote sustainability and environmental stewardship throughout the neighborhood with community initiatives designed to promote pollinator-friendly and native plantings, community gardens, green space, tree plantings, boulevard plantings, and organics recycling in the neighborhood.
This is a seasonal, part-time hourly position between 5-10 hours per week, last from mid-April to mid- October. This position will work under the supervision of the MHNA Executive Director and Environmental Task Force Chairs.
Job Type: Part-time (10 hours per week), flexible schedule
Salary: $15-$17 per hour, depending on candidate qualifications and experience
Position Duties & Responsibilities
Outreach & Engagement (40%)
• Working with MHNA Executive Director, develop and implement creative methods to engage Marcy-Holmes residents, property owners and business owners in the neighborhood.
• Recruit MHNA members and volunteers for projects and events
• Operations and logistics management for events
Program Management (40%)
• Oversee, implement and report on various programs and projects of MHNA
• Assist with marketing and advertising MHNA programs, events and activities
Other Task as Assigned (20%)
• Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by MHNA Executive Director
• 1+ year of paid/volunteer experience with organizing and/or volunteer management
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Attention to detail and good record-keeping skills
• Able to lift up to 40 pounds, walk for extended periods of times, climb stairs
• Access to transportation (procuring/transporting supplies and other materials)
• Knowledge of Marcy-Holmes neighborhood and the University of Minnesota
Marcy-Holmes offers paid vacation and sick leave, as well as a flexible work environment. Health insurance is not provided by the association.
MHNA’s mission is to engage in projects that improve and enhance the quality of life in the Marcy- Holmes neighborhood. Our nonprofit serves historic southeast Minneapolis, from Dinkytown to St. Anthony Main, to many well-known points in between.
Learn more about MHNA at www.marcy-holmes.org.
How to Apply
Applications should include cover letter, resume and three references emailed to MHNA Executive Director, Chris Lautenschlager, at [email protected]. All materials are due at 5 pm on Friday, April 9, 2021. No phone calls, please.
MHNA is an equal opportunity employer. MHNA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis or race, disability, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, affectional preference or sexual orientation, citizenship, age, veteran status, marital status or status with regard to public assistance.