Don't miss the first Discover Dinkytown – Winter Wander event coming up Saturday, January 25 from 1-5 PM!
This event will bring together University students, other community members and businesses in a novel community building event celebrating and supporting Dinkytown. Our goals are to support businesses, build community relationships, and generate positive energy around the area.
Everyone is welcomed to sample Dinkytown restaurants and businesses, enjoy a wide range of student and local live performers, engage in fun activities, and connect with others. Come, and bring your friends and neighbors!
Sign up for a volunteer shift as an "Event Ambassador" to help welcome and guests and help them navigate the event here:
Kitty Cat Klub:
- Fool's Errand sketch comedy
- Becca Donley (Instagram: @beccadonley)
Loring Bar & Restaurant:
- Urban Sound A Cappella
- Basses Wild
- Minneapolis City Council Member and guitarist Steve Fletcher
- Ballroom Dance Club
- Summer Carols
...And so much more! Check out other Discover Dinkytown - Winter Wander event activities:
In addition to great live, local performances, you can sample Dinkytown restaurants and businesses, and engage with your neighbors:
- In coordination with the grand opening of the new Arvonne Fraser Library in Dinkytown, enjoy a Dinkytown-focused arts exhibit, live music, and activities for all ages. (The official ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 11:00 am prior to this event.)
- Participation and/or sponsorship by Dinkytown businesses including Kitty Cat Klub, Loring Bar & Restaurant, Frank & Andrea’s Pizza, Dinkytown Wine & Spirits, and more, including the great deals you can access with the purchase of a $5 passport:
- Raising Cane’s: $1 chicken finger & sauce sample
- Qdoba: free chips & queso with any entrée purchase
Loring Bar & Restaurant: Free Artichoke Ramekin appetizer sample and coupon
Kitty Cat Klub: Happy hour starting at 4:00pm
Frank & Andrea’s Pizza: $2 pizza slices
- Purple Onion: $1 off all specialty drinks; $11.99 family pizza deal (14-inch, 2-topping pizza) & $4.99 mini sundaes with Grand Ole Creamery ice cream
- Mesa Pizza: $1 mac & cheese pizza sample slice
- Wally’s Falafel: 10% off your entire purchase
- Cosmic Bean: 10% off your entire purchase
- Land’s End Pasty Company: free sample-size pasty
- Insomnia Cookies: Buy 4 Get 2 FREE traditional cookies
- Crisp & Green: free salad samples
- Hideaway: 10% off your entire purchase and DJ in the store, and glass blowing demos with from Stone Arch Studio artists
- Gina + Will: scratch-off discount ticket
- The Bookhouse: 20% off coupon and meet and greets with Dinkytown – Four Blocks of History author, Dr. Bill Huntzicker (1:00-2:00pm) and The Dinkytown Uprising filmmaker, Al Milgrom
- Left Click Lounge: all-day Smash Ultimate tournament and free glow sticks
- Bennesere Co. The Wellness Nexus: free 10-15 minute free chair massages
- Positive Vibrations: BOGO shake tea & aloe, or any other product of equal or greater value and free energy shots
- … And more!
- Engage with your neighbors including Marcy-Holmes Neighborhood Association and its Creative Placemaking Initiative, University Lutheran Church of Hope’s Listening Post, University of Minnesota Office of Off-Campus Living outreach, Riverton Community Housing outreach and engagement activities, and volunteer event ambassadors from the University of Minnesota Greek community. Participate in other fun activities – from scavenger hunts to fresh bread baking and cookie decorating to a gaming tournament!
- Drawing for great prizes for visitors who purchase a $5 event passport stamped by participating restaurants and businesses they visit (proceeds go to supporting local performers and covering event costs).
Participants will be able to join the event either by stopping by the event hub at Riverton - 4th Street Coop (1227 4th Street SE) or by talking to any one of the event ambassadors who will be stationed throughout Dinkytown. At the end of their wander, participants can then return their stamped passports back to the 4th Street Coop or to the event ambassadors to enter the prize drawing.
- For Dinkytown businesses: Contact Kent Kramp, DBA President, at email@example.com
For local and University performers and other Dinkytown organizations: Contact Jessica Focht-Perlberg, MHNA Community Organizer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to get involved?
This project is an initiative of the Greater Dinkytown Roadmap Initiative, a collaboration of Marcy-Holmes Neighborhood Association staff and volunteer members, Preserve Historic Dinkytown, University representatives and students, Dinkytown Business Alliance representatives, and local residents in the Dinkytown area. The purpose is to bring together University students, other community members, and businesses in a novel community building event celebrating and supporting Dinkytown