Marcy-Holmes Neighborhood Association's
Annual Meeting + Board Elections
Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 6:30 pm
Online, via Zoom
You must register at the following link to receive login info:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
THIS MEETING WILL HAVE TWO MAJOR COMPONENTS: (1) ELECTIONS, AND (2) A VOTE ON A PLAN MODIFICATION.
FINAL AGENDA WILL BE DISTRIBUTED BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14th.
The MHNA board needs your voice. The greater diversity of people involved in the MHNA board, the more our neighborhood thrives and remains the best place to live, work, learn, play and grow—for everyone: renters, business and property owners, homeowners, students, elders and anyone in between.
For 2023, we are particularly eager to bring big change—to both this neighborhood and to this organization.
The current board has an over-representation of men and white people, especially in leadership positions. MHNA would like to diversify its board of directors. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to run for the board.
What does board membership involve? We’re happy to have a chat with you and share what we know.
Take a look at our Board Position Description
- THERE ARE 4 OFFICERS TO BE ELECTED, AND A TOTAL OF 7 DIRECTORS TO BE ELECTED ON OCTOBER 18th
- ALL VOTING WILL BE HELD ONLINE ON OCTOBER 18th
- BALLOTS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS USED TO REGISTER FOR THIS MEETING
(2) PLAN MODIFICATION VOTE
In July, the MHNA Board reviewed its finances, discussed future projections, and decided to move forward with funding a three-quarter-time executive director position and a part-time program/engagement position to continue the important work of the association. To implement this plan, MHNA's Board also recommends a NRP Plan Modification to align remaining NRP funds with current priorities
In August, the MHNA Board unanimously voted to move $30,729.43 of contracted NRP funds and $125,000 of non-contracted NRP funds, to fund 43535 NRP Staffing and Implementation. Staffing/Program Implementation supports the board and committees, day-to-day operations, engagement activities, volunteers, partnerships, programming, and communications. Overhead includes rent, phone, internet, printing, office supplies, meeting supplies, events, bookkeeping, and other misc. expenses necessary to run the organization. This administrative movement of funds allows MHNA to continue operating for the next several years. The motion now moves to the full membership for a vote.
The Board will share details with the neighborhood about current priorities and funding strategies and ask for a vote of approval from the membership. Voting will open at the Annual Meeting on October 18, 2022 and can continue, if necessary, on an ongoing/rolling basis if there are not enough people in attendance to meet the voting requirements.
The membership will vote to move $30,729.43 of contracted NRP funds and $125,000 of non-contracted NRP funds, to fund 43535 NRP Staffing and Implementation. Details are as follows:
The motion would modify the existing NRP contract #43535 to support future organizational overhead needs. $30,729.43 will be moved from the NRP Phase II strategies listed below to NRP Phase II Staffing and then added to contract #43535 in a new line item called Overhead.
- Move $2,791.91 from NRP Phase II Emerald Ash Borer Plan strategy
- Move $1,631.88 from NRP Phase II Greater Dinkytown Road Map strategy
- Move $150 from NRP Phase II Creative Placemaking strategy
- Move $316.70 from NRP Phase II Litter Container Program strategy
- Move $838.94 from NRP Phase II COVID-19 Response strategy
- Move $25,000 from NRP Phase II Traffic Calming/Pedestrian Study
It would further utilize $125,000 of uncontracted NRP funds to support future staffing and program implementation needs. Funds will come from the following sources and be added to existing NRP contract #43535, NRP Staffing/Program Implementation.
- NRP 1.A.1. Owner-Occupied Housing Improvements ($35,971.76)
- NRP 1.A.1. Owner-Occupied Housing Improvements-Rollover ($234.77)
- NRP 1.A.1. Owner-Occupied Housing Improvements-Program Income ($57,965.12)
- NRP 1.A.2. Rental Housing Improvements ($20,828.35)
- NRP 1.B.5. Historic Preservation Planning Assistance ($10,000)